Monday, September 24, 2012

Week 6: A View of the top of the island's Volcano

Dear Family and Friends
I don't have a ton of time this week because of the number of emails I received. Thank you very much for your love and for the time that was taken to write me. Things are going well here in La RĂ©union
The week went well, we were busy. We are working so much with less actives that it is hard to find time to find new investigators, which is a little bit frustrating for me, but I am working hard to be more effective and to make the most of the time that I have each day. We could really use a few more hours each day, but I don't think that that is going to happen anytime soon. For the time being, work with less actives is going pretty well and we have been blessed to see a few of them return to the Church and I feel like there are multiple people that we are working with that are very close to coming back. As far as investigators go, we have been working with a sixteen year-old kid who is currently living with a member family. His name is Damian. He has a lot of questions about the Church, and I pray that he develops a desire to make the Gospel part of his life. He has an enormous potential. We also are working with a other investigators and potential investigators that I hope to write more about in the near future. We got a brand new car this week. Mom, that probably sounds familiar. It's a white, hatch-back, manual transmission, diesel Toyota Yaris and the newest car that I have ever driven. I might send some pictures.
This morning we went up to a viewpoint called Le Maido for a P-day activity. We drove up to about 2000 meters where there was a look-out point that over-looked the Cirque du Mafate and Piton de Neiges. This Island is gorgeous. I do my best with the pictures but they don't quite do it justice. I will attach some pictures. I apologize for the short email this week, the hour of email time really goes quick and went especially quick this week with all of the love that I received. No complaints from my end, but I know that these short emails are probably torture for the family. I should be able to get more written next week. I will, however, close with a short testimony. I know that this Church is true and that the Lord's work is moving forward. God loves every single one of you, anyone that you have ever met, and everyone else you haven't. I love you all and hope that all is well in your lives. Carpe Diem, Elder Wynn

No comments:

Post a Comment