Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Week 10: 1st Week as a Trainer

Dear Family and Friends, I am happy to hear that everything is going well in the United States and in all of your lives. Life is going well here as well. This week was my first week as a senior companion and as a trainer on La RĂ©union. The first thing that I will say about that is that I don't feel qualified or experienced enough to be either right now, but I also think that that is how it is supposed to work, I don't question that I am doing what I am supposed to be doing right now. It is humbling, but so far it has been fun as well. There have been a lot of things that I have helped Elder Mariteragi with that I felt like I just barely learned how to do a week or so ago. A few things about being companions with Elder Mariteragi: I speak French all of the time, except during phonecalls with missionary leadership. Every time that I eat with my companion, I feel like I am watching someone train to be able to eat their weight in hot-dogs, and he also puts ketchup on near everything that he eats. He connects with the people very well, and it seems like everyone likes him right off the bat. Elder Mariterani is a great Elder and I think that he will really help the work and the people here in St. Pierre.
The work is moving forward, there aren't a whole ton of specifics to report this week, but I think that there will be soon. We were able to watch General Conference this week, however. It was great to see and to listen to our Prophet and Apostles. I don't think that I have ever felt the level of spiritual recharge from General Conference that I did this time. It was a great thing to see, and all of the talks were excellent, even in French. All of the footage of Salt Lake City throughout the Conference made me remember how blessed the people in Utah and what a wonderful place Salt Lake City is. I have received a fair amount of questions about what people here think of Mitt Romney. For the most part, they have heard of him, and that's about it. Every once and awhile someone tells us about some poll or some newsbit that they heard somewhere. The pictures this week are mostly from a hike that we did this morning in Pleine Des Palmistes as a district (districts got changed up a little bit with the last round of transfers). The first picture is a picture of Elder Mariteragi at, you guessed it, McDonald's. I don't remember the last time that I went to McDo's, but he insisted on going; it was a good time.
Gotta go, cafe is closing. The Church is true, I love you all. Carpe Diem, Elder Wynn

No comments:

Post a Comment