Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Week 11: Making improvement...

Dear Family and Friends It will be Halloween in America this week. I have heard that it exists here, but haven't seen any evidence yet and had actually forgot about the holiday until today. As far as I have heard, most holidays here are celebrated by lighting mass amounts of firecrackers, in any case, we'll have to see if we end up experiencing any Halloween. If not, I won't be too hurt because Halloween isn't by any means my favorite holiday. I hear the Presidential race is close, I will be interested to know how that turns out. I don't think that I will be able to vote. Most people here know that there is an American Presidential Election going on, but there is not a lot of talk about it. La RĂ©union is suprisingly out of the loop of world news, or it could be that we're just missionaries. Elder Mariteragi and I had a pretty good week, there was a definite improvement between our first week together and the second. I see so much potential with every aspect of the work here, which means that there is always plenty to do, and plenty to hope and pray for. I am a little bit at a loss for words today, something that seems to happen often when I am supposed to have a lot to say. Let's see, we were able to eat lunch with Danni Ratsimanirimanana and her family yesterday, which was something that we have been trying to do for months. We decided to go over there on a whim to drop off a letter that one of the sisters that found Danni gave us to deliver, and ended up being invited for lunch. In hindsight, we were definitely subtly led to the opportunity by the Spirit. Maybe you've heard about Danni, she is our perpetual investigator. She knows that the Church is true, wants to be baptized, but doesn't want to do it without her husband. The Lunch ended up being a pleasant suprise and we were able to answer a lot of the questions that her husband has about the Church, as well as start to form a relationship with Danni's family. Her husband is intelligent, successful, personable, and Anglican. He really stood out as someone that, the Church in La RĂ©union needs, and that is still searching for truth in religion. I hope that we will be able to help him find it. I'll finish today with my testimony that the Church of Jesus Christ, our Savior exists on Earth today. The Lord loves us, and he wants the best for each of us. Best wishes to everyone during the upcoming week. Happy Halloween. Carpe Diem, Elder Wynn Mom, The two sister missionaries in my new district are both tahitian, but one of them is from French Guyanne. There names are Soeurs Opeta and Vaietua. I am sending you a letter today. Still looking forward to receiving the package you sent, and am happy to hear that you are sending a package for Christmas early. Don't forget Dash. Tell everyone that I love them. Don't be afraid to send pictures, even if you are running a bit behind. The one I sent this week is of what I have been eating for breakfast lately, however I did not eat all of those mangoes in one sitting. I love you lots! Elder Wynn

No comments:

Post a Comment