Monday, December 3, 2012

Week 16: Zone Conference

Family and Friends, I'm happy to hear that everyone had a happy Thanksgiving. As I mentioned in my most recent email, we celebrated Thanksgiving together as a zone last P-day in St. Denis. The food was delicious, because we're blessed with a authentic Utah grandma, Sister Heap, and the evening was great. Tuesday we had splits, so Monday night I stayed in Port and Elder Milot (DL) went with Elder Mariteragi to St. Pierre. Splits gave me the opportunity to work with Elder Miller on Tuesday, one of my MTC companions. Working with him again was fun, and it was a good change of pace. The split was actually the first time I've worked a day out of St. Pierre. We have a few great investigators that are progressing; I think that I've mentioned all of their names in the past (Hery Ratsimanirimanana, Vincent Defaud, Damien). Vincent Defaud has been in France for the last few weeks, so we haven't seen him since our first visit. We called him last week and set up an appointment for this upcoming Wednesday. He informed us that he attended an LDS ward in France two times during his trip. Hery is Danny's husband and one of my favorite people on this island. Our lessons go pretty slow with him as far as covering material, the man's questions are out of this world, but the Spirit has accompanied us in all of his lessons thus far, which is good, because we'd be lost without it. Damien is doing well, but unfortunately we weren't able to see him this last week. I think that's all for this week. We're looking forward to a relatively relaxing P-day today and to a new week ahead of us. I threw in a picture of our zone at the last conference, Sisters Miles and Hartley (the white girls with their hair down) go home tomorrow. We currently don't have any news about incoming Elders or Sisters. There's also no set transfer schedule here, but I expect there will be some changes in the upcoming months. The Church is true and God loves you, so tell your friends, and then call the missionaries. Life's a gift, so seize it. I love you. Carpe Diem, Elder Wynn

No comments:

Post a Comment