Saturday, December 15, 2012

Week 17

Dear Family and Friends It's already the tenth of December. I hope that everyone's Christmas season is going well. In La Réunion it's around 100 degrees Farenheit, 100 percent humidity, and yet it refuses to rain most days in St. Pierre. The fact that we have a car, and a car with air-conditioning, is an enormous blessing. I don't have a lot of news to share today, but the week was well spent. We met with Mr. Vincent Defaud for our second visit and all went well. He attended an LDS church twice in Paris while on vacation, and, other than expecting the ward choir to be more like the Tabernacle, had only good things to say about his experience. The two lessons with Mr. Defaud have both gone fairly slow as far as information covered, but are productive nonetheless. This week, Vincent exhibited more desire to know that the Church is true and mentioned that if he finds the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to be the truth, he would be interested to know where the path could take him. The obvious answer is the Celestial Kingdom. We'll be discussing the Plan of Salvation in the future. We received authorization this week to use Skype for our Christmas phonecalls, so, if all goes well, I'll see you at Christmas. I'll include details in next week's email. Mom, regarding your question about the pronunciation of the phrase 'Carpe Diem,' car-pay dee-um would be my best guess, however carpe diem is a latin phrase, so I'm no expert. 'Saisissez le jour' is carpe diem in french; we can talk about pronunciation at Christmas. The email will be a little on the short side this week, I hope to be able to write more in the future. If there's anyone left to receive mission calls or wedding rings, let me know when it happens. Congratulations all around. I hope that all is well in everyone's lives and that you are all moving forward and progressing. I love you all with my heart. Carpe Diem. Elder Wynn

No comments:

Post a Comment