Monday, March 18, 2013

Week 28: First Transfer-St. Andre

Dear Family and Friends, I am not exactly sure where to start this week, so I will apologize in advance for the disorganization of this email. This week was good. I felt that having and finding productive and effective things to do came easier this week than it has been coming over the last few months. St. Pierre is especially being blessed right now when it comes to less-active work. We had one of my favorite people in St. Pierre, Anaelle, at Church this week for the second week in a row. She also attended a branch family-night activity last Monday. Yesterday was probably the best Sunday of my mission. The branch was blessed with the attendance of the district presidency, as well as President Adams. The district presidency spoke in sacrament meeting, and President Adams taught during the third hour of Church. All members of the branch were invited to attend President Adams' third-hour remarks. All of the district presidency's talks were excellent, and President Adams' lesson went very well. After the block, President had several temple-recommend interviews with members that will be going to the temple for the first time in the future. Following those interviews, the branch ate lunch together. Following lunch, President had interviews with Elder Mariteragi and I. I will be transferred on Wednesday to St. André, where I will be working with Elder Bedwell. I have been in St. Pierre for seven months, since the beginning of my mission. My feelings are pretty mixed about being transferred. I have never been transferred before, and am starting to come to the realization that I will be leaving St. Pierre, and several people that I have grown to really love. I am very grateful for the change, and for the opportunity to work with Elder Bedwell, but I don't think that it is going to be easy to leave. Elder Mariteragi will continue to work in St. Pierre with Elder Long, one of the current zone leaders. St. André is the Hindu capital of La Réunion. Apparently, the percentage of Christians is very low. Members of the branch of Hinduism that is practiced on La Réunion are called Tamouls. Tamoulism is one of the largest religions on La Réunion, I will have to give you more details in the future. Interviews with President Adams went great, as usual. I'm very blessed to serve under President Adams, and have grown to really love him. Elder Fennel and Sister Redford will be honorably returning home this week to Arizona and Pennsylvaniz, respectively. Rumor has it their replacements will arrive Wednesday. I am out of time. I love you all, and hope you all the best this week. God bless you and Saisissez le jour. Elder Wynn Here is a picture of Elder Bedwell, Seth's new companion. He served on La Reunion for 10 months and then was transferred to Madagascar for 8 months, where he learned Malagasy. Now he is back on La Reunion, speaking French again. The second picture is of the newly organized 'group' in St. Andre, where Elder Bedwell and Seth will be serving together. They cleaned up an old building to use for a church. I acquired these pictures from Elder & Sis. Heaps' blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment