Monday, March 25, 2013

Week 29: New Area-St. Andre

Dear Family and Friends, From what I hear, the weather in the USA is warming up and you are all doing well. I need to stop starting my emails by talking about the weather. My first week in St. André went well. I have never been transferred, so the feeling of change and separation was something that I had not experienced before. It was not easy to leave St. Pierre and many of the people that I love there, but the change was needed and appreciated. I replaced Elder Bedwell's former companion, Elder Fennell, who finished his mission and went home to Arizona on Wednesday. I don't have a lot to say about the new area yet, because I am still in the process of meeting new people and members and getting used to the eastern side of the island. I can, however, tell you few things about my companion. Elder Bedwell is from Georgia, but his family has since moved to Denver, Colorado. He has been on his mission for twenty months. He served the first six months of his mission in Le Port, here on La Réunion, before being transferred to Madagascar, where he served for ten months. He served in several areas over there and speaks Malagasy well. There are a fair amount of malagasies on La Réunion, who always get a kick out of his ability to speak Malagasy. So far the companionship is going great, I am excited to work with someone with his level of varied experience. That's about all I have for this week, I will send a few pictures from my last days in St. Pierre. I know that the Church is true, whether that be in a ward, a branch, or a group. God loves each of us, and he hopes every day that we will make the decisions that will lead us and our families to live with him one day. Best wishes to everyone this week, be the best that you can be, and know that Christ lives. I'll wish you a happy Easter next week. Elder Wynn Seth replaced Elder Fennell in St. Andre. He is returning home to Arizona. Elder Wynn & Elder M. 5 months in St. Pierre together!

No comments:

Post a Comment