Monday, June 24, 2013

Happy Birthday Elder Twitchell!

Dear Family and Friends I have now been a missionary for more than a year. Can you believe it? I have a picture in my photo album of me walking away from the family at the MTC and part of me wants to believe that it was taken only a few weeks ago. The mission is treating me well, and I hope to grow even more during the upcoming year than I have in the last, this being said, if the amount of blessings and growth that I receive and see in the upcoming year are anything compared to what they have been, I will consider myself very blessed. Serving a mission has, among other things, helped me to realize that the spoon that was in my mouth at birth, was solid silver. I am and always have been very, very blessed. This week has been really good. I get the impression that my last few emails made it sound like all we do is run back and forth from the hospital to the airport all day. Luckily, this is not true. Most of our time is spent being the best finding, teaching, testifying missionaries that we can be. We have a lot of good going on, and I love working. We also benefit from being able to hear about the work all over the island, which includes my past areas--St. Pierre has some really great things going on--and we have some unique opportunities to serve in different ways than usual. Elder Twitchell turned 21 this week, I have included a picture. Other than that, I don't have too much to report. For those of you who wonder, there are currently fourteen young missionaries serving on La RĂ©union, and one senior couple. Mauritius is being worked by a senior couple and two elders, and I have no idea how many missionaries are in Madagascar. Several missionaries will soon finish on all three islands, and all three islands will receive those missionaries' replacements and then some in the next five months. Mauritius will most likely be the exception to that statement, as Mauritian visas are very hard to gain and we have a very limited amount of visas allotted to us. Well, I love you all. I hope that you are doing well and doing your best. Happy 24th Wedding Anniversary to my parents! Congratulations, and I love you so much. LD, Elder Seth Wynn

No comments:

Post a Comment