Monday, July 22, 2013

I'm Back!

Dear Family and Friends, How is everybody doing? From what I hear, summer in Utah is hot, everyone is busy, and life is good. Thank you so much for your emails and for your patience as I have failed to write a good mass email these last few weeks. Things are going great here; I am currently with the third companion that I've served with in the last 30 days. Elder Twitchell went back to Mauritius on Saturday, where he will finish his mission, and Elder Bedwell flew back from Mauritius to keep me company until he goes home the 24th of July. We're in the dead of winter here, which means that every once in a while I think about putting on a jacket during the evening. It's been easy to feel the Spirit these last few weeks in Ste. Marie, and there are some great things going on. I was able to watch the Church's Worldwide Leadership Training broadcast about a week and a half ago, and was very touched by the program and by the enormous steps that the Church is taking to share the Gospel with everyone who will listen. President Adams does not think that we will be using iPads or iPhones in the near future in the Madagascar mission, but the additional training that was given to Ward/Branch Mission Leaders, Ward/Branch councils, and to members of the Church in general seems to be an effort to push the work in the exact direction that President Adams has been trying to push it since he arrived in the Indian Ocean. It is easy to see that the Lord's work is moving forward in the world and it is exciting to know that God is using so many new ways to help people to come unto Christ. We live in such an incredible time, and are very blessed to have been saved and chosen for this part of the final dispensation. I am grateful to be a missionary proud to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It is clear to me that our membership in the Church is not, and was never supposed to be a passive calling. Our brothers and sisters need us--our hard work, courage, and testimonies--and the Lord has given us so many ways to love them and to serve Him. I'm doing great here. I feel like I am learning a lot, and I feel that the Lord is opening my eyes and helping me to better understand the big picture. The mission is challenging and people don't always want to listen to what we say, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I hope that all is well on the other side. I love you all, and I am grateful for all of the support that I receive and for the blessings that I am sure are the result of prayers. LD, Elder Wynn

No comments:

Post a Comment