Monday, August 19, 2013

Time is flying...

Summer seems to be going by very quickly over there on the other side of the Earth. Sometimes I get the impression that time is passing at a different speed at home than it is here. Time seems to be moving normally here, I'm at peace with its speed. But when I hear that the kids are going back to school this week, that Camille's going to Hawaii to start college in two weeks, and that your summer is coming to an end, I realize how fast these past few months have snapped by over there in the United States. Camille only graduated two or three weeks ago, didn't she? In any case, I hope that you're having as much fun as it sounds like you are having, and that God is blessing you as much as it seems like He is. Things over here should be more on the normal side this week. This past week was pretty packed with airport trips, zone conference, fireside, and a new missionary orientation. On Wednesday, we welcomed Elder Peters and said goodbye to Elders Twitchell and Long. Elder Peters is doing well, but we're still getting to know each other and I will be able to tell you more about him next week. He was extremely tired on Wednesday--I'm pretty sure I caught him sleeping standing up--since then, he hasn't seemed too jet-lagged and he's been doing a great job. He and Elder Mariteragi (he and Elder Peck are living with us until Wednesday) have been speaking a lot of Tahitian, which has been good for Elder Mariteragi, who thought he might forget how to speak Tahitian during his mission. I've been trying to learn a few words and phrases. This week's Zone Conference was a great experience, as usual. The focus of this conference was teaching repentance. The highlight of the meeting was a talk by Brother Brad Wilcox, from BYU, entitled His Grace is Sufficient. I highly recommend the talk if you have never read it or watched it. Conducting the zone conference as a solo zone leader was a new experience, but I think that everything turned out alright. Elder Mariteragi will fly to Mauritius on Wednesday to be Elder Miller's companion. Elder Miller's current companion, Elder Arrieus, will be flying over here to be companions with Elder Peck until Sept. 4th. They will be working in the St Pierre area. I send my happy birthday wishes to Camille, Dad, Caleb, Grandma Glenn, and to any of my friends that have had birthdays in the last few days and weeks. I had better go, so I wish you all the best this week. Thank you for all of your support and prayers, know that I am praying for you in return and that Heavenly Father has answered many of my prayers. I'm happy to be who I am and where I am, and I know that I'm doing what Heavenly Father wants me to do, which is a great feeling. Elder Wynn

No comments:

Post a Comment