Monday, October 14, 2013

News from La Reunion

Well, I'm more up-to-date about the government stand-off in the United States. Thank you, Mom and Dad for filling me in! The whole thing sounds like a mess, but doesn't really worry me at all; I figure things will work themselves out and all will be alright. If not, I know that the Lord will take care of us if we are righteous. A lot of the people here have a very interesting view on America--most of the young people have seen way too many american action movies and think that every one in america carries a gun and that you can't go out at night without being assassinated by gangsters. We try to convince them that it's not like that, but they usually don't believe us. Anyway, life is good here in La RĂ©union. Most of our efforts are still going toward finding people, as usual, but we're having a great time. Recently, I have been trying hard to invite people to go to mormon.org to learn about mormons. I've found that even people who are not at all interested in hearing what we have to say will often accept a card with the mormon.org website on it if I explain what the site is and tell them a little about it. My hope is that people will watch the videos on the site and be able to learn more about us, because most people here have a very skewed view of who we are. We have a new sister, Sister Amassouga, coming in from France this week, which will leave us with an even number of sisters. I don't know very much about the new sister, other than that her name is definitely not french. She's coming in on Wednesday night at 10:40 pm, which means we will be staying up a little later on Wednesday because of the exceptional circumstances. I really like going to the airport, and I've lost count of how many times I've been since May. Elder Choi and Elder Hammond are doing well, I feel like they are learning fast and they're great missionaries. I decided this week to stop speaking English with them, which is going well so far. Living in an apartment with five elders is a big change in comparison to all of the time that I have spent in apartments with a single companion. We're having a blast. It's fun to have another companionship to talk to, to share experiences, and to play basketball three times per week. On the other hand, our washing machine has never worked so hard. This upcoming weekend we will be watching General Conference, and I'm really looking forward to it. I had the opportunity to read a talk from one of the new Seventies, Elder Funk, this week. I thought it was a great talk, and I considered it as sort of a trailer for next weekend. I should probably get going. I hope that all of you have an excellent week, and that the Lord continues to bless you like he blesses me. I'm very greatful to be in the service of our King and to be serving Him where and when I am. Carpe Diem and God bless you. Love, Elder Wynn

No comments:

Post a Comment