Monday, November 25, 2013

Thanksgiving Dinner in La Reunion

Dear Mom, I'm glad you got on in time! Rather than starting on my email to the masses during the time that I was waiting for your email, I decided to write a few quick emails to some friends. I hadn't touched bases with my MTC companion in almost a year I think, and I also send an email to Malu States in Ethiopia. It's incredible to hear that so many of my friends have finished their missions. I can barely believe it. Mitchell's home, Brett's home, Ryan Cottle, and I figure Ian Sanderson should be arriving home in the next few weeks as well. I was still getting used to the fact that McKay King and Matt Okelberry were already finished. Well, this morning we have been at the Ste Marie chapel, which is where I did my orientation on the first day that I was on the island. The weather is identical to the day that I arrived. The rain was coming down when we arrived at the building and after a few minutes inside, it started coming down in sheets that loudly pounded against the roof of the church. There's still a pretty steady showering going on outside right now. The island was in pretty desperate need of more water--I'm happy that we are finally getting it. Anyway, the morning seems exactly like the one that I arrived on, which has led to a lot of good reflection. We've had a good week. We have a good time contacting, and every so often we find someone that tells us we can come back. On the zone leading side of things, we are busy getting everything ready for our zone conference with Elder Renlund of the Seventy next Wednesday. Elder Renlund is the Area President. We also have several things to finish before the Heaps leave at the beginning of January, including preparing the new St Pierre sister's apartment for them to move in to it. The thought of the Heaps leaving is a haunting one. They have been and are an enormous part of my mission and have helped and loved me very much. I plan on staying in touch with them for the rest of their lives. The couple that will replace them has been called, and will arrive shortly after the departure of Elder and Sister Heap. We'll be helping them a lot at the beginning to get acquainted with the island and with the work. Today we will be having Thanksgiving dinner as a zone at the St Denis chapel. Sister Heap is an excellent cook, and we are all looking forward to it! Elder Choi, and Hammond and I are assigned to bring a drink and a green salad; we haven't decided what we're going to make yet. With Thanksgiving on my mind, I would like to thank you for the incredible job you are doing in raising me. I feel like I have been extremely blessed to have been placed where I was. I cannot adequately express my gratitude for you and for Dad with words. I love you very much, and I think about your good examples often. I've got to go now. Know that I love you and that I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true! Carpe Diem, Seth Notes: I'd love to see some pictures of all of these returning missionaries; If you can get some, please send them. Remember how we used to all sit down and write letters to Jesse during FHE? I would love to hear from Liesel, Ammon, and Caleb more often. If they protest, read Alma 60:6 to them. Camille has done a great job of keeping in touch with me for the most part, and I always enjoy Jesse's occasional emails. Tell both of them that I love them, because I haven't had the chance to email either of them these last few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment