Monday, January 6, 2014

Cyclone Bejisa & Transfers!

This has been a pretty enormous week. I don't have a whole lot of time to write today, but I'll do my best to fill you in in the most efficient way possible. Tuesday- New Year's Eve. We had a cocktail-weenie party for the occasion at our apartment at 9h30. I know I've mentioned this before, but the experience in this apartment with Elders Choi, Hammond, Wiberg, and Zimmerman was a blast. I'll get to the was later on. Wednesday- New Year's Day. We stayed busy with some visa work and preparation for several things coming up this week. No one on the island worked, and most people didn't leave their houses at all. The streets were deader than I have ever seen them. Thursday- Cyclone Bejisa. Red alert all day and all morning Friday. We played cards, wrote letters, studied, made pizza, and watched the Testaments. Cyclone Bejisa wasn't too bad from the cement apartment, and there's not a whole lot of damage besides trees. We were, however, stuck in the apartment for a whole day and a half. We really had a good time in the apartment and the cyclone was a cool thing to watch. Thursday morning at 3 am, Elder Hammond and I bailed out our balcony like sailors because our apartment was filling with water. Thursday night I received the transfer call from the assistants and announced that to everyone. Friday- We did some apartment repairs, and did a lot of running around preparing for new missionaries and today's transfers. Saturday and Sunday- spent almost all of our time preparing Ste Marie and its area-book for the missionaries that took over today. Monday-Sent Elder Choi from Mauritius, received Elder Mariteragi to Mauritius, and transfers went into effect all over the island. Transfers- Ste Marie- Elder Wiberg and Elder Peck Ste Clotilde- Elder Wynn and Elder Zimmerman (Zone Leaders) St Denis- Sister Stewart and Sister Isham St Denis- Sister Gardiner and Sister Thomas (Sister Thomas, Isham, and Elder Estrade arrive Wednesday) Le Port- Elder Mariteragi and Elder Hammond St Paul- Sister Hurst and Sister Amoussouga St Pierre- Sister Packer and Sister Berchel St Pierre- Elder Sanchez and Elder Estrade St Pierre- Elder Bush and Elder Clouse Mauritius- Elder Miller and Elder Choi Elder Arrieus left to go back to Madagascar today, Elder Peters and Elder Leroux go to Madagascar on Wednesday morning. As I mentioned, we're really busy. I am very excited to be working in the St Denis branch and to be with Elder Zimmerman, which also means I don't have to move and can keep sleeping in the same bed. I'll tell more about the area and Elder Zimmerman next week when I know more about them and have more time. I hope you all have a great week! Love, Elder Wynn

No comments:

Post a Comment