Monday, April 28, 2014

Dear Family...

It sounds like a pretty huge week back at home! I look forward to hearing more about it all in the weeks and months to come. Mom, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Camille, welcome home. And congratulations to Jesse and Sarah. I'm looking forward to all the weddings this summer. I'm not exactly sure what else to say, but I'm glad that the Lord is blessing my family and friends and that so many people are so happy. We had a pretty good week here in the Indian Ocean. Every Thursday, the missionaries in St Denis do a free English class at the church. The last several weeks, due to increased advertising, have produced lots of new English students and this past Thursday there were nine non-members and five members that came to English class. It's getting so big that we spent about an hour after this week's class going over improving our organization and class technique with the sisters so that we will be able to respond to increasing numbers at English class. I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned English class in my emails, but I have taught a weekly English class in three out of four of my areas. The classes are better attended in some areas than others; St Denis' class is by far the biggest. At the beginning of my mission, it didn't take long for me to learn to love teaching English, and it is one of the highlights that I look forward to every week. Teaching French-speakers has also helped me a lot with my French. We also had a really fun branch activity for the commemoration of the restoration of the church. The branch dinner brought out almost all of the active members, one or two less-actives, and there were even two non-members that came with member friends. One of the dishes served was a Civet de Canard, which is one of my favorite plates here in La RĂ©union. Our young men's president killed three ducks for the occasion, and I ate one of the duck feet (I have now eaten pig, chicken, and duck feet.) This upcoming week should be pretty busy, which is always a positive thing. I know that Heavenly Father hears our prayers, and that He and His son heard and answered the prayer of Joseph Smith. I know that They restored the Church of Jesus Christ through Joseph Smith, that this church is the church that we belong to. I love you all, and wish you all the best this week! Carpe Diem. Love, Elder Wynn

No comments:

Post a Comment