Monday, April 28, 2014

Happy Easter

District Easter Dinner
Dear Family, This has been a good week, and we especially had a good weekend. We have been BUSY with getting transfers ready and preparing several visas for missionaries who will be leaving La Réunion in the future. We announced transfers last night and most people will be moving or getting new companions Wednesday. My plane will take off at 7 am on Wednesday morning for Mauritius. Leaving La Réunion is a scary thought in some ways, but I'm excited for the new opportunities in Mauritius. We had a really great East dinner with our district at the Madsen's last night, and I had a lot of fun. Every once in a while, it feels great to go somewhere that feels like a family dinner at Grandma's house to eat some food prepared by an american mom. Dinner was great, I'll send you a picture. Today, for my last P-day on La Réunion, we spent the day at the Chion-Hock family's with Matthieu, St Denis' priest-age young man. We fished in the morning, grilled up the fish to go with our lunch, and then did a little hiking on their land in the afternoon. What a perfect last Monday in La Réunion! The down side about my fishing efforts was that none of the fish I caught were big enough to keep. The upside was that my companion and Matthieu caught seven between the two of them. Everything was closed today because it's the day after Easter, so we weren't able to do our shopping or a number of the other things we generally do on P-day to prepare ourselves for the week. We'll have to squeeze those things into our busy schedule tomorrow. The apartment and the car did, however, get cleaned today. I'm looking forward to working over in Mauritius, and I know that the opportunity will definitely push me during the weeks that I am there. I found out last night that Mauritius watched General Conference already, we haven't watched it yet in La Réunion, so I'm not sure how I am going to see conference. I'll figure something out though. I did, however, see the Church's Because of Him video and was very impressed. I had better go, I love you all and am so greatful for all that the Savior did and does for us. It is because of Him that we can be together forever, that we can overcome our weaknesses, and look forward to a bright future after this life. I love Him. And I love all of you. Have a great week! CD, Elder Wynn

No comments:

Post a Comment